Over the last few months, have you noticed that life has grown harder in dozens of irritating little ways?
- Do people around you seem to be mumbling or whispering?
- Does a family member pass through the room and turn down the TV volume just after you get it to a level you’re comfortable with?
- Do your children scold you for failing to answer the phone—when, truth to tell, you never heard it ring?
- Have you cut back on socializing and going out of the house because it’s gotten harder to understand people when you’re talking face to face?
Are you one of the 48 million Americans living with hearing loss?
Hearing Loss Takes You Out of Your Life. We Can Bring You Back.
Many patients ignore early signs of hearing loss because they think those indications “just aren’t serious enough” to worry about. While hearing loss may not be causing pain, it does have a number of hazardous effects on patients’ lives, from withdrawing from family gatherings and social events to worrying about aging and losing control over their lives.
The hearing care providers at Tru-Tone Hearing Aid Centers have been helping people hear better for over 30 years. Our Philadelphia and Delaware County hearing loss specialists know that hearing loss is an intensely personal battle, and that is why we work one-on-one with each of our patients to allay his or her fears and answer any questions.
We work from the ground up to restore lost hearing by helping patients in need of:
- Hearing Testing Many patients first come to us because they are not sure they need a hearing aid. Your ability to hear certain letter sounds, vocal registers, and volumes can all help determine what is causing your condition. Our testing lab can discover if your hearing loss is due to problems in the outer ear, inner ear, or cochlea, and can determine the extent of your hearing loss to help you find the treatment that is right for you.
- Hearing Aid Devices There are numerous types of hearing aids on the market, each with its own unique features to help patients get the most out of their devices. We offer a wide variety of hearing aid styles, including behind-the-ear models, custom-in-the-ear devices, micro-in-the-canal styles, or completely-in-the-canal devices. We can also customize your hearing experience by adding accessories to work with your device, such as wireless television transmission and automatic phone connections.
- Hearing Aid Repair and Maintenance Your hearing aid will need regular cleaning and maintenance to give you the best possible sound. We offer free cleaning, inspection, and sound checks on any hearing aids, whether they were purchased from us or somewhere else. If you choose to leave your device with us for repair, we are happy to loan you a hearing aid to use at no cost to you while yours is being serviced.
- Tinnitus Evaluation and Relief Are you still able to hear others perfectly, but have a buzzing or hissing sensation in your ears? Many patients will notice signs of tinnitus, a persistent ringing in the ears, before they notice any hearing loss. Our hearing care providers can determine the cause of your tinnitus and find an effective treatment, giving you even more control over what you hear and when you hear it.
Visit Us Today Or Have Our Hearing Specialists Come to You!
If you have been experiencing early symptoms of hearing loss, it’s important to have your hearing tested as soon as possible. Our services can help determine if a hearing problem may be a symptom of a serious medical condition, can prevent balance problems that lead to falls, and can even reduce the likelihood of dementia later in life. It may be difficult for you to take the first step, but once you are able to hear the people you love clearly for the first time in years, your joy will be worth the effort.
All of our Philadelphia-area locations accept all major credit cards and many different insurance plans, helping our patients get the hearing correction they need at a price they can afford. Call the number on this page to get in touch with our offices today, or have our hearing specialists come directly to you. Tru-Tone Hearing Aid Centers serve patients in the greater Philadelphia area, including Bucks County, Montgomery County, and Delaware County, and other communities in Pennsylvania.